Detroit, Michigan. Fort Street Congregational Church. Records, 1904-1937.
According to Richard Taylor's book, Congregational and Plan of Union Churches in the Great Lakes states (9.3.246), the Fort Street Church was established in 1881 and disbanded in 1929. There was also a Fort Street Presbyterian Church established in 1849 and still active when this guide was written.
The first ledger book (1907-1922) has a note that indicates the group was organized June 1906 and Mrs Berry, president. First regular meeting held in 1907. By 1909, the group was combining home and foreign mission work.
Scope of Collection
Contains 4 folders of the Women's Missionary Society.
Detroit Congregational Union. RG 4973
Detailed Description and Container List
|Ledger: meeting minutes||1907-1922|
|Ledger: meeting minutes||1911-1918|